- National Geographic publishes a magazine called "National Geographic Traveler" designed with travelers in mind. *As of Jan 2020, the U.S. edition ceased publication and content is moved to National Geographic magazine.
- Budget Travel - Arthur Frommer's Budget Travel magazine; offering travel guides, travel tips, and advice on trip planning, restaurant recommendations, city guides.
- Verge Magazine - Opportunities to study, work, and volunteer abroad.
- Travel + Leisure Magazine - Travel guides for the best hotels, restaurants, and things to do around the world.
- The 23 Best Travel Apps Every Traveler Should Know About - A Travel + Leisure Magazine article.
- 10 Travelers on What It Really Means to Be a Traveler of Color
- AFAR Magazine - Inspiring travelers to have deeper, more fulfilling experiences.
- Free Apps and Websites That Make Eco-Friendly Travel Easy- An AFAR Magazine article.
- The Most Important Resources for LGBTQ Travelers
- Go World Travel Magazine
- Food & Travel Magazine
- The Oprah Magazine article: 25 Travel Apps That'll Help You Save Money
- The Travel Magazine
- U.S. News article: 6 Ways to Save on Travel During College Breaks
- DK Eyewitness - Since 1993, DK's Eyewitness books have offered photo-packed insights into popular cities across the world. Check out their recent editions here.
- Lonely Planet - More than 100 million informative, thorough guidebooks published since 1973. Check out the most up-to-date guides here.
- Bradt - Founded in 1974, these guides are best known for covering off the beaten track destinations and their UK guides.
- Marco Polo - Travel guides full of adventure and the best things you can do for free
- Time Out - Great city guides, especially for European cities.
- Rough Guides - Travel guides packed with expert advice for any traveler. Rough Guides also helps you plan and book tailor-made trips on their site here.
- Many major newspapers provide online travel sections and newsletters that can sometimes be of great use to the student traveler; access to back issue articles may require a small fee.
- LA Times Travel Section
- New York Times Travel Section and T Magazine
- Washington Post Travel Section
- Wall Street Journal Travel Section
- Chicago Tribune Travel Section
- The Guardian Travel Section
- The Globe and Mail Travel Section