Study Abroad Day - Feb. 27 at 12pm. Join us for lunch and a short talk about study abroad. Register by 2/22/2023
Want to travel this summer! Apply for these travel prizes:
Bishop Applications are due 3/1/2023
SanPietro Applications are due 3/10/2023
Great News! Hertz Foundation announces new fellowship, the Nathan P. Myhrvold Fellowship, to further support Hertz Fellows Program. Read about it HERE.
The FASA Office Library is open, come by and see our collection of travel books.
Congratulations To These Recent Fellowship Winners:
- New Quad Fellows, 3 Caltech Grad Students & 2 Alumni: https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/caltech-quad-fellows
- Senior Tyler Colenbrander wins esteemed Churchill Scholarship which provides funding for one-year master's degree at the University of Cambridge https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/tyler-colenbrander-churchill-scholar
- Senior Laura Lewis wins prestigious Marshall Scholarship for two years of graduate study in the UK. https://www.marshallscholarship.org/scholars/2023-scholars
- Congratulations Nivedita Kanrar & Megan Wang winning Fulbright Fellowships to Spain and Sweden! Read more about it HERE
- Fulbright application statistics from the most recent completed cycle (2022-23) have been updated. See Study/Research Awards and English Teaching Awards.
- Congratulations to Myra Cheng and Saehui Hwang for being chosen as Stanford Knight-Hennessy Fellows, read about these two impressive students HERE
- Congratulations to Caltech Watson Fellowship winner, Saehui Hwang! Read about her incredible global project HERE.
Our goal is to help Caltech undergraduate and graduate students seek out information on, and apply for a wide variety of highly competitive fellowships for graduate study and research both in the U.S. and abroad.
Lauren Stolper, Director and Meghan Kuroda, Assistant Director, of Fellowships Advising and Study Abroad (FASA) are available to meet with you to discuss study abroad or fellowship options and the respective application processes. They can review essay drafts, offer advice on fellowships, or help applicants with interview strategies for those applying to fellowships that require interviews. If you are unable to meet in person, you can email Lauren Stolper or Meghan Kuroda to set up a Zoom meeting. Lauren advises on all fellowships for graduate study abroad. Meghan's focus is on STEM fellowships for graduate study in the U.S. plus the Watson Fellowship.
In addition to fellowships advising, our office also handles Caltech's official study abroad programs. We offer several study abroad programs that Caltech students may participate in for one term during their junior or senior year. The Caltech Scholars study abroad programs offer students the opportunity to study science and engineering and receive Caltech option or general credit. Some programs allow students to study subjects in the humanities or social sciences. A general description of these programs is available on this website and more specific information is available from our office.
Do you attend one of our bilateral partner universities?
Click here to learn more about our Exchange Programs
Connect with us: Study Abroad Facebook Page & Fellowship Advising Facebook Page
If you are not a member of the Caltech community, please feel free to use any of the resources that we have provided here online, but note that we cannot answer your questions or be of direct assistance to you. You should direct your queries to your own school's study abroad program or fellowships office.