Cambridge Scholars Program
University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England
Minimum 3.6 cumulative GPA & minimum 3.7 GPA in Option required
Length of Term
9-week term; 8 weeks of lectures
Early October to early/mid-December for Michaelmas (Fall) Term
Early/mid-January to mid-March for Lent (Winter) Term
Five places are available in the Michaelmas Term and five are available in the Lent Term. Students may apply for either one or both terms, and must apply to a second program option in addition to Cambridge.
The heart of the Cambridge curriculum is the tripos system. Students study in one tripos or subject that corresponds to their Caltech option. All of their courses abroad must be in the same tripos. See handout for details about coursework.
Note: Students cannot take a class that is completed in the next term. So when looking at courses for application course lists or for enrolling, make sure the class does not continue past the term you will be there.
Students may not return to the U.S. during the term abroad.
Please see the Application Process page for application forms for all programs
- Cambridge Scholars Program
- Choosing Cambridge Classes - Slides
- UK Study Abroad Programs Overview PowerPoint
For Physics Students
For Chemical Engineering Students
- Sylabus Tripos I
- Sylabus Tripos IIA
- Sylabus Triops IIB
- Chemical Eng. Course Contents
- 2019-20 Michaelmas Timetable & Lent Timetable
For Engineering Students:
For Computer Science: Here
- Part II list of classes with supervisions
- Part II Class information (includes details such as units of assessment*)
*Units of assessment type classes: These have no supervisions and only an exam. Students are limited by department rules at Cambridge to only choose two Unit of Assessment type class per term:
- Part II Units of Assessment-exams and no supervisions. List only TWO of these classes per term: https://www.cst.cam.ac.uk/teaching/part-ii/part2-units
For Natural Science: