Cambridge Scholars Program
University of Cambridge in Cambridge, England
Minimum 3.6 cumulative GPA & minimum 3.7 GPA in Option required
Length of Term
9-week term; 8 weeks of lectures
Early October to early/mid-December for Michaelmas (Fall) Term
Early/mid-January to mid-March for Lent (Winter) Term
Six places are available in the Michaelmas Term and four are available in the Lent Term. Students may apply for either one or both terms, and must apply to a second program option in addition to Cambridge.
The heart of the Cambridge curriculum is the tripos system. Students study in one tripos or subject that corresponds to their Caltech option. All of their courses abroad must be in the same tripos. See handout for details about coursework.
Note: Students cannot take a class that is completed in the next term. So when looking at courses for application course lists or for enrolling, make sure the class does not continue past the term you will be there.
Students may not return to the U.S. during the term abroad.
Please see the Application Process page for application forms for all programs. Note: Application material will be posted by October 2023.
- Cambridge Scholars Program
- Cambridge Course Choice PowerPoint
- UK Study Abroad Programs Overview PowerPoint
- Timetable Quick Guide
For Physics Students
For Chemical Engineering Students
- Sylabus Tripos I
- Sylabus Tripos IIA
- Sylabus Tripos IIB
- Sustainability in Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Eng. Course Contents
- 2022 Michaelmas Timetable & Lent Timetable
For Engineering Students:
For Computer Science: Here
- Part 1B Class Information
- Part II list of classes with supervisions
- Part II Class information (includes details such as units of assessment*)
*Units of assessment type classes: These have no supervisions and only an exam. Students are limited by department rules at Cambridge to only choose one Unit of Assessment type class per term:
- Part II Units of Assessment-exams and no supervisions. List only ONE of these classes per term: https://www.cst.cam.ac.uk/teaching/part-ii/part2-units
- Timetable Overview
- Concise Lecture List Summary & an explanation to decode it. All provided on the department's timetable page.
- Please note: Unless students propose 4 classes that have 16 or up lectures, they will have to propose 5 or 6 classes with at least 3 being taught at any time and no more than 5 taught.
Caltech units for Cambridge Computer Science Classes are as follows:
16+ lectures = 9 units
12 lectures = 6 units
8 lectures = 3 units
Below 3 lectures = 1 unit
For Natural Science:
Ways to make the most of your study abroad experience:
- Market Square
- Fitzwilliam Museum
- The River Cam
- Cambridge Corn Exchange
- Grand Arcade
- Mill Road
- Cambridge Museum of Technology