Search Search

Student Travel Concerns

If you have any questions or concerns about Visa applications and other formalities about your study abroad experience, please contact the Fellowships Advising and Study Abroad Office.

Student Travel to the United Kingdom

  • The British Consulate-General, Los Angeles is located at 11766 Wilshire Boulevard, Suite 1200, Los Angeles, California 90025-6538 and can be contacted at (310) 481-0031. Please visit the UKVisas website for information on the necessity of travel visas and other documentation for travellers to the United Kingdom. U.S. citizen students travelling to the United Kingdom from the U.S. for a period of six months or less do not need a visa at this time. Students visiting the U.K. for more than six months will require a visa. Please visit the website of the Consulate-General to verify all particular entry and visit requirements.
  • The U.S. Embassy in London is located at 33 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW11 7US, and can be contacted at [44] (20) 7499-9000 for both regular inquiries and emergencies.
  • The U.S. Consulate General in Edinburgh is located at 3 Regent Terrace, Edinburgh EH7 5BW and can be contacted at [44] (0)131 556 8315; however, the American Citizen Services are provided primarily at the London Embassy.

Student Travel to Denmark

  • The Royal Danish Consulate in Los Angeles is located at 5849 Uplander Way, Culver City, CA 90230, and can be contacted at (310) 645-0540. At the time of writing, visas for Denmark are being handled by the Danish Consulate General in New York and can be contacted by phone at (212) 223 4545. Denmark is part of the Schengen agreement; U.S. citizens do not need a visa for a total visit duration less than 90 days.
  • The U.S. Embassy in Copenhagen is located at Dag Hammarskjölds Allé 24
  • 2100 København Ø., near Østerport train station. Please see the Embassy's website for contact information; for emergencies call +45 3341 7100 during normal business hours and +45 3341 7400 after hours.